Sunday, May 5, 2013

i have moved

As you may or may not have noticed, it has been a while since an update (and that when I was updating, they were infrequent). This is because I have been working on something new. When I started this little website I wasn't in the best place and intended it to be a sort of relaxing diary space. I no longer need that and am hoping to move onto something more discussion orientated and engaging. Don't worry, I'll still have posts like you see here, but as I find myself buying less and getting rid of more possessions, the taking-photos-of-things-I-own thing is hard to sustain. I'll be talking about clothes , products, films, music, and food, but all under the umbrella of conscious and sustainable living.

I have seen a general consensus over the past few years, that only grows stronger, that believes our modern world to be harrowing and scary. We don't want to work for 40 hours a week in stuffy office building. We don't want to work for other people at all. We miss the idea of community and helping one another out. We long for it. I find people very receptive to the idea of small villages with bakers and rose gardens and toymakers. It is an idealised view that I make up, an escapism, however the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it didn't have to completely be escapism. I came to understand that I had the power of choice, and that I could choose not to drag myself through long work weeks and chain supermarkets. We all have that choice, and I hope to shed some light on products, people, and ideas that are based on a simpler, less scary/exhausting/death-inspiring way of living.

So I do hope you'll join me. My website isn't finished yet, the layout is just temporary, but hopefully the content will speak for itself. Same name, different URL, different e-mail. Take note!

FIND ME HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment