Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Green, green, green



Just a few photos I took when I was back at home. I went back for the midnight screening of The Hunger Games!! (I thought it was a brilliant adaptation of book to screen, and people can nitpick all they want, but I won't accept any complaints!) It's mostly just very very green at home, all year round. Sometimes if we don't get enough rain during the year, it'll go a bit more yellow, but it's been raining more than enough this year. The lack of variety in colour used to frustrate me a lot, (and it still does a bit...). Even our garden is almost solely green. I want wildflowers and, well, flowers at all really. The most colour we get is from weeds! One day I'll have a colourful garden...

My mother is just about the only person I can talk to about things like society and the way we've progressed. It's something we're both interested in, and she does a lot of reading on the topic. Lately she's been looking into better ways to garden, and found a very interesting book (that I can't remember the name of, I'll have to ask her!) that talked about the how the Earth needs us to survive, and we need it. Thing is, we sort of just prance around thinking we own it, and that we're almost 'better' than it in a way. For some reason just that one statement made me think a lot and has shifted my perceptions a lot. We also talk about how everything is just all big corporations who care about money, and not people, and all sorts of things that are actually quite depressing to dwell on, but too interesting not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment