Monday, November 19, 2012

little things...



 

i've always felt that it's a little like cheating when people keep posting "instagram dumps" on their blogs, however it's nearing far too long since the last time i've posted (once again) as i've been a busy little bee (and absolutely exhausted 99% of the time). so i thought i'd break my own little rule just this once to show off some of the things i've bought lately that i've been excited about. i think i mentioned the Winnie-the-Pooh deluxe editions a while back, and how i reeeeally wanted them. well now i at least have one! they came back into stock at the bookstore so i leapt at the opportunity. When We Were Very Young is on my Christmas wishlist.


 lastly, there's Arthur Christmas on DVD (and a new dress). i posted about the film last  year when i went to see it at the cinema, and waited (not very patiently) all year for it to be released on DVD. i embarrassed my mother in the shops a bit because i sort of yelled and did a little jump/dance when i saw it. i'm very, very glad to own it. it's one of my favourite Christmas films. despite loving Christmas i really don't like most Christmas films (too American mostly), so it is nice for there to be at least a couple that i like haha. does anyone have any good ones they'd care to recommend? i usually fall back on Eloise at Christmastime & Little Women!

ps - i've updated the layout again! it's quite bright and summer-y now, so i hope you like it too :)

10 comments:

  1. Love the first photo! And I also loved your new header!!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway in my blog if you're interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should watch The Polar Express (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338348/) if you haven't done it yet. It's my favourite Christmas film, and it's wonderful!

    Have a lovely day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh! you know i think i saw that at the cinema with my grandmother forever ago, but i'd forgotten all about it! i'll definitely have to give it another watch. Thanks for reminding me about it! xx

      Delete
  3. I think it's no problem at all to post some instagram photos - I mean, I also have quite some difficulties to take good photos in winter, the daylight is gone when I come home and in the morning, well, also difficult. So why not post instagram photos instead of nothing? I don't know if you her blog, but http://77p7zy.blogspot.de/ does I think only instagram photos, she shares her outfit like this every day and has really many followers! on the contrary, I think you don't absolutely need a dslr to have a blog - it's about the content ;-)
    So apart from that, I'm a huge fan of winnie the poe, I love it! It was one of the first books i read in english and the edition you have looks so nice!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i know. my main dislike only comes from the fact that i watched a lot of people practically abandon their DSLR cameras (that likely took some skill and learning to use, plus quite often a while to save up for) in favour of taking quick & easy snaps on their phone that can then be edited with one press of a button instead of spending a long time in photoshop. i know a lot of people will think "well, that's good isn't it? less time? quicker & easier?" but i don't always agree with the quick & easy = good mindset that runs rampant through most of society. i think our obsession with getting things done as fast as possible is becoming quite damaging as we disregard so much else, like quality and the impact on the environment, as well as all the other good things that came along with the slower version. i think hard work is something everyone has to do and i just don't like seeing it being thrown away for simple things like taking a photo haha. so i hope that makes more sense. i don't want to seem snobby or mean as though i think i'm 'better' than phone pictures or something, because obviously i use instagram too, and it's easier to use to snap little moments of my day etc. but i just am always mindful of society's constant progression towards a completely unsustainable future.
      & thank you!

      Delete
  4. I love Christmas movies! I'm going to have to compile a list to watch to get into the Christmas spirit. Sigh and Eloise at the Plaza is adorable <3 I still want to be her

    xx carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and as for reccomendations...I have ALWAYS loved the old Angelina Ballerina Christmas special. I have so many fond memories of it. I really wish they didn't ruin children's tv shows by animating them nowadays, as opposed to the water colour original for angelina. It truly breaks my heart

      Delete
    2. i know exactly what you mean about how they're animated. i saw that angelina ballerina was on tv not so long ago and got a bit excited to watch it... only to find out that it was animated. and that they did no ballet the whole episode and instead there was this big, obvious message about recycling. so then i had a rant about it on facebook haha. but i'll have to take a look at that christmas special, it's one i haven't come across yet!

      Delete
    3. Oh I totally agree. I would probably do the same thing, rant about it somewhere haha. And it's sad because my little cousin actually prefers the animated version to the beautiful water colour version! It just seems that the producers put so much more effort and love into the old ones *sigh*

      Delete
  5. I just found the name of it. It's called the Show Must go on :)

    ReplyDelete